A revamp of the classic, the addition of avocado slices, chilli mayo and rocket makes this a ‘next level’ bacon sandwich.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 rashers thick cut bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 15g rocket leaves
For the chilli mayo
- 25g mayo
- 5-10g Sriracha, dependent on heat
- Place the Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Square Grillit® over a medium heat to preheat. To check the grill is hot enough flick a few drops of cold water onto the grill. If it sizzles, your pan’s ready to use. If it doesn’t let it heat for a little longer and repeat this step.
- Once hot lay the bacon onto the grill. Cook until crispy on either side, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Make the chilli mayo simply by combining the mayo and Sriracha. Spread the chilli mayonnaise over the 2 sourdough slices and top with the avocado, rocket leaves and crispy bacon.
- Sandwich the two slices together, slice in half and serve.
- If you like your bacon sandwich extra spicy, you can always add extra Sriracha.
- If you are using unsmoked bacon be sure to season the avocado. Smoked bacon however will provide the right amount of saltiness without adding any seasoning.