2021 has been the year of baking, more specifically baking banana bread. We have always loved banana bread, it’s a great way to use up those questionable ‘nana’s as well as being moist every single time. Whether you’re a total baking novice or a seasoned professional, this recipe is ideal for you. Topped off with a delicious, seasonal cinnamon crumb, this wintery twist on the modern classic is sure to go down a treat.
We plan on baking a whole lot more this season, it’s a great way to beat those winter blues. Did you read our ‘5 Reasons Why Baking Is Good For Your Mental Health’ blog? We delve into the nitty gritty of why baking can lift our mood and brighten our days. If you’re already sold, why not take a look at our must-have Bakeware Collection here.
This bake will take 15 minutes to prep and 1 hour to bake, serving 12.
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup of mashed banana (3 medium sized bananas)
- 150g Sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 140g Greek Yoghurt
- 322g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For The Crumb Topping:
- 80g plain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g butter
- Chocolate Chops (optional)
- Pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line 9×5″ loaf tin.
- For the crumb topping, place the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub the butter with your fingertips until crumbs form. Pop in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together to combine.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a large batter bowl, stir until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture and fold together until smooth and no lumps are visible. Place the batter into the prepared loaf tin and evenly sprinkle with crumb topping. If you fancy it, sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans on top too.
- Bake the Banana bread for around 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire tray to cool completely.
We hope you love this delicious Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread recipe. Let us know in the comments if you give this recipe a try!