Yield: 6-7 Pancakes
Time: 30 Mins
With Shrove Tuesday right around the corner we thought it was only fair to share this out-of-this-world Pancake Recipe. Gone are the days of store bought American-Pancakes, with this recipe you will be able to whip up batch after batch of perfect, fluffy little cloud pancakes. Without any fussy or extravert ingredients this recipe is delightfully simple and easy to make. As for the final result- we’ll let the pancakes do the talking…
136g of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
2 tsp of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2 tbsp of White Sugar
200ml of Milk
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Veggie Oil for frying
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and cooled melted butter together.
- Incorporate the wet mixture into the dry and whisk until fully combined and no lumps remain. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Heat a heavy bottomed, non-stick pan over a low to medium heat and coat with oil. Drop 3-4 tablespoons worth of batter in a dollop into the pan.
- Cook until the surface forms bubbles and the base is golden, then flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes.
- Serve whilst hot with toppings of your choice.