Wakey wakey eggs and bakey.. As an avid egg lover, I had to include eggs somewhere in this challenge. I rarely go a day without eating eggs, you can’t beat them (well, you can but that’s besides the point). I decided to mix things up a little with today’s recipe, as this challenge is about getting creative and trying new things. I decided to try my luck at making coddled egg’s in a jar, and trust me, you’ll never look back. This isn’t just an egg in a jar, this is a clean fry-up/cobbled egg!
- 4 or 8 large eggs
- 3/4 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into chunks
- 2 greens onions, minced
- 1 tbsp. chives, minced
- 1 tsp. almond flour
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Paleo cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet placed over a medium-high heat, add the bacon and the cooking fat and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, until brown.
- Add the mushrooms and the green onions to the bacon and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the almond flour and combine everything together, then add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook until a nice texture is obtained.
- Prepare 4 glass jars and rub some cooking fat on the bottom and inside edges. Pour some of the bacon and mushroom mixture evenly in each jar and break one or two eggs on top. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the 4 jars into a big cooking pot, making sure they are stable and add water until it reaches the middle of your jars. Bring to a medium-high heat and cook 15 to 20 min or until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
- Once the cooking is done, remove the glass jars from the pot using a jar lifter, being careful not to burn yourself on the very hot jars. Set aside until cool enough to handle, sprinkle some chives on top and serve.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Coddled Egg recipes on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.