Jam and oats- a combination as old as time it’s self. We are totally jumping on the health bandwagon and obsessing over Chia Seeds, these little beauties soak up water and fluids and practically double in size, making you feel like your breakfast is a feast fit for a king, they also keep you full for hours! This recipe makes for a guilt-free desert and a nutrient packed breakfast, cut all the work out of the classic breakfast porridge method by preparing this recipe the night before. This recipe makes 5 servings, one for each busy commute!
- 45g rolled oats
- 120ml milk
- 100g strawberries
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Set up your 5 Kilner jars. You can use a 0.5 Litre clip top jar or preserve jar.
- Add the oats to each jar and seal and store in the fridge.
- Add the strawberries, honey and lemon juice to a bowl and mash with a fork until puréed.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well. Store in the fridge in a Kilner® jar. You can prepare enough puree for the whole week ahead as long as it is stored in an air tight jar.
- Add the milk to the oats before heading to bed each night.
- In the morning, layer the strawberry jam on top of the oats. Feel free to top with more fresh strawberries, nuts or any other topping of your choice.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Strawberry Jam Oat’s on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.