I know what you are thinking, how is cookie dough healthy? No, your eyes do not deceive you, this is actually a cookie dough recipe but this version is Paleo, low-carb and completely guilt free. The most amazing thing about this recipe is that it tastes just like real full blown cookie dough! I thought after 12 days of saintly-clean cookery you deserved a treat, however, common misconception is that treats are ‘naughty’ and packed with all that dreaded sugar and callous calories that we’re all avoiding.
If you didn’t get chance to read my blog on why we can’t phase out sugar or simply eat it in moderation then please give it a read, the science behind our sugar addictions is very interesting. Simply knowing the difference between your mind tricking your stomach into needing sugar and a genuine need to raise blood sugar levels can actually make it easier to strengthen that will power and resist! Check it out here- The Bitter Truth About Sugar.
So, without further ado, here is our wonderful recipe for healthy cookie dough bites!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined, then stir in chopped chocolate.
- Roll batter into 1 1/2-inch balls, place them on lined baking sheet, and set them in fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl over a pot of water, melt the chocolate for the topping. Take off heat and let cool slightly.
- Remove cookie dough bites from fridge and pour chocolate over each bite to cover. Let cool. Store in fridge.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Guilt-Free Cookie Dough Bites on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.