Who doesn’t want desert for breakfast or breakfast for desert? After all, it is the most important meal of the day! Why the ‘turtle’ you may be wondering, well the answer is just for fun, why not! This recipe even calls for Almond Milk, so why not use yesterdays recipe and get a real sense of healthy achievement!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medjool date, pitted and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- sprinkle of sea salt
- In a Kilner jar stir together almond milk, date, vanilla, and unsweetened cocoa powder until all combined.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Place lid on and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in a little extra almond milk to loosen oats up and to get the consistency you like.
- Stir in maple syrup. Start with 1 teaspoon then give it a taste. If you need more sweetness then add in the rest.
- Sprinkle with pecans and salt. Enjoy.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Salted Turtle Overnight Oats on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.