With all the latest press on why we shouldn’t drink milk, we felt that to add in an Almond Milk recipe would be a great idea for us all to try it out. Supposedly, milks made from alternative proteins such as Soy and nuts are easier on the digestive system and make us feel less sluggish. Why not make this simple recipe in the lovely Kilner Preserve Bottle and add some style to your pantry?
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cups water
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 scraped vanilla beans
- Place the almonds, 2 cups of water and salt in a medium-size bowl. Soak the almonds overnight.
- After the soaking period is complete, drain the water and rinse the almonds. Squeeze the almonds to remove the peels.
- Place the almonds, 4 cups of water, dates and scraped vanilla beans into the blender. Blend the ingredients for 60 seconds on high.
- Strain the milk through a Kilner® muslin sheet or clean tea towel by slowly squeezing the bag like you’re milking a cow.
- Place the milk in a Kilner® bottle with a tight-fitting seal for 7 days.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Homemade Almond Milk on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.