Some days we get a little hungrier than others, some days we get ALOT hungrier. Today is one of those days, so we’ve got a recipe to satisfy all those juicy burger cravings. This recipe is perfect for on the go, and will keep you full up for hours! Get creative and add what you like, there are no rules when it comes to this recipe, so why not give it a shot and serve your self up a lovely Turkey Burger in a Kilner Jar.
- 3 Turkey Burgers
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Onion sliced about 1 large onion
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 4 Large Roma tomatoes chopped and divded
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Cups Large head of Romaine lettuce chopped (about 4 1/2 )
- 3 Kilner Jars
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Lightly spray or brush both sides of FROZEN turkey burgers with oil and place on grill about 4-inch above heat. Grill burgers 8 minutes on one side. Turn and grill other side 7 minutes or until done and a meat thermometer inserted in center of burger registers 165°F. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- While the burgers cook, preheat the olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Cook the onions until caramelized and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small food processor combine the tomato paste, Dijon Mustard, Balsamic vinegar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 chopped Roma tomato, Italian seasoning, sugar and a few twists of pepper until smooth and broken down, scraping the sides down as necessary. It will take a few minutes to get this really smooth. Make sure the tomato is completely broken down, as the water in it is necessary to keep the tomato sauce fluid.
- Once smooth, keep the food processor running and stream in the olive oil. Process until well combined.
- Divide the tomato sauce between each of the 3 jars, followed by the cooked onions and then the remaining chopped tomato Crumble the turkey burgers and divide between the jars. Finally,fill the jars with the lettuce,
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to DEVOUR.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Turkey Burger’s on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.