We’re not sure about you but we love any baked good with the word ‘mini’ in its name. It makes you feel a little less shameful after eating 5 servings, after all, they’re only mini muffins!
These mini muffins are a cross between angel cake and donuts, they really are a dream come true. These melt-away muffins are ideal for when you fancy that little something sweet, or when you need to whip up a batch of homemade goodies quickly for those unexpected seasonal drop-in visits. They really are little dollops of wintery joy.
This recipe is great to make with little ones, once the mini muffins are baked, why not get the family involved in the dunking & coating process? Prepare yourself for some very sticky, cinnamon fingers! Yum.
From start to finish this recipe takes just 20 minutes. Checkout our Baking Essentials here.
- 130g flour
- 130g sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 180ml milk
- 75g butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Topping:
- 115g butter melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 115g sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Grease a mini muffin pan, don’t use liners, fill each hole to 2/3’s full. Bake for 12 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the muffins are cooling, mix together the cinnamon and the sugar for the topping.
- Gently roll the muffins in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture- enjoy!
We hope you love these delicious Melt-Away Cinnamon Mini Muffins. Let us know in the comments if you give this recipe a try!