Is there anything more ‘Eastery’ than a mini egg cookie? We think not. These delicious cookies tick every box for us. They’re soft, chewy, easy to make, and have mini eggs throughout. Warning, these beauties will not last long so we recommend baking an extra large batch.
Before you begin we strongly recommend you take a look at our Bakeware collection here, to make the most of your baking experience.
- 230 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 165 g light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400 g plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 400 g Cadbury’s Mini Eggs, ⅔ finely chopped, ⅓ coarsely chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, we always use our SMEG Hand mixer for the fluffiest bakes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix on a low speed until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and mix on low. Add in 2/3 of the mini eggs which are finely chopped, mix to combine.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour or pop in the freezer for 30 minutes, this stops the cookies spreading too much.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- As soon as your remove the cookies, gently press the remaining mini eggs into them. Leave to cool then enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these dreamy Mini Egg Cookies, perfect for the whole family. Be sure to let us know if you make this recipe in the comments below or by tagging us on our socials.