Mother’s day is right around the corner, we’ve pulled out the big breakfast guns. For those of us lucky enough to celebrate the occasion, it’s a great opportunity to show our love and appreciation to our Mums for all they do for us. What better way to treat Mum than with a thoughtful home cooked breakfast?
If you still need a last minute gift for Mother’s Day then be sure to check out our Home Accessories range here.
We know that nothing means more to Mum than that all important quality time, so show her you love her with this irresistible Breakfast Bagel. The greatest thing about this recipe may be its versatility… Pop all of your favourite foods into a bagel and enjoy, it’s really that simple. We love the classic eggs and Bacon combo, but there is nothing to stop you smothering it in chilli jam and sizzling up some halloumi for a real treat. The sky is the limit with this Mother’s Day breakfast recipe.
This indulgent recipe works best when made in a high quality non-stick pan, we love our SMEG frying pan as it completely eliminates the need for oil when frying. That means we can add another slice of halloumi, right?..
Ingredients (For 2 People, adjust accordingly):
- 2 bagels
- 1 Block of Halloumi (225g, sliced)
- 4 Rashers of Bacon
- 1 Avocado (Peeled and stoned)
- 2 tsp Chilli Jam
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt, Pepper and Chives to Garnish
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- Begin by lightly chopping up your avocado and mixing with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Place to one side.
- Slice your bagels in half and toast the bottom halves, whilst toasting, make the hole in the lids slightly wider.
- Fry your bacon rashers over a medium heat until they reach Mum’s desired crispiness. Using the same pan, fry your Halloumi until golden on both sides.
- Keep the heat on medium and place the butter into the pan and pop in the top halves of the bagels. Crack and egg into the centre of each bagel. Fry for a few mins and then finish off under the grill until the whites are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stack your dreamy breakfast bagel in the following order: Bagel base, smashed ago, bacon, halloumi, chilli jam, top of the bagel with the egg. Sprinkle with chives and enjoy!
We hope you all have a lovely Mother’s Day and that you get chance to create this delicious breakfast to enjoy together. We truly hope that this blog post was not triggering for any of our readers, we acknowledge that Mother’s Day is not sunshine and rainbows for everybody. If nothing else, we hope you enjoy this yummy recipe.
Be sure to let us know if you make this recipe in the comments below or by tagging us on our socials.