Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Saucepan 18cm – Meringue
Extremely versatile, they do so much more than just boiling and simmering. You can use them in the oven as a small casserole, to bake a dessert or make a loaf of bread. They will make the perfect breakfast porridge or warming soups, are ideal for cooking coriander rice and other vegetable accompaniments or pickles and chutneys. Because they will achieve a steady even temperature they are also excellent for delicate sauce making or melting chocolate, cheese or butter without burning. They make a great fondue pot too.
Le Creuset is now proud to introduce new Signature features including: more generous capacity for its size; new exclusive sand enamel interior even more durable and easier to clean; new easy-grip larger helper handle for easy transfer from hob to oven to table; and added versatility thanks to the new ovenproof integral iron handles and stainless steel knob.The smooth interior of the lid and flat topped knob mean the lid can also be used upturned when cooking or preparing food.
Suitable for use on all hob types, including induction, and in the oven, these saucepans make a perfect serving dish too as cast iron keeps food warmer for longer at the table. Le Creuset saucepans are available in a wide choice of colours to perfectly complement your home décor.
Features & Benefits
- Skillfully handcrafted in France since 1925 and made from the highest quality materials for unmatched durability
- The lightest, most even cast iron on the market – gives you faster heat up, most even heat distribution and no hot spots
- Enhances the cooking process by distributing and retaining heat evenly and locking in the optimal amount of moisture
- Excellent heat retention means only low to medium heat is needed for cooking, saving energy
- Hard-wearing, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking and will retain its good look over the life of the cookware
- Totally impervious interior enamel won’t absorb odours or flavours and is perfect for marinating or storing food
- Sand-coloured interior makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Freezer and Dishwasher Safe
- Protected by a Lifetime Guarantee for total peace of mind
About The Brand
Le Creuset is recognised the world over for market-leading, premium quality ranges of enamelled cast iron cookware, multi-ply stainless steel, toughened non-stick, and stoneware, along with its outstanding range of wine accessories.
Established in 1925, Le Creuset has been making world-class cookware for almost 100 years, innovation remains at the forefront of Le Creuset’s success. Used by leading chefs and keen cooks around the globe, Le Creuset cookware offers outstanding performance time after time.
Le Creuset History
Le Creuset began producing its first porcelain enamelled cast iron pots in 1925 from its foundry in Fresnoy le Grand, France. It is from this base that Le Creuset continues to produce its world famous cast iron pots.
While Le Creuset has expanded the types of products it offers and has taken advantage of many technological advances since its beginnings in 1925, some things have not changed in the manufacture of Le Creuset’s cast iron.
Le Creuset has continued to use the hand-crafted techniques and the original process of forging and casting in the manufacturing of its cookware. This attention to its heritage is also characteristic of the design. The Cocotte, or French Oven, was one of the first cast iron items produced by Le Creuset and is still the most popular item sold in a range of bright retro colours, with Volcanic (orange) the company’s trademark.
Le Creuset is now sold in more than 60 countries around the world including the US, UK, Japan and Australia.