We don’t know about you but we have started to feel incredibly autumnal this last week? Despite loving these season and the cosiness it brings with it, we still aren’t quite ready to relinquish the use of our garden. We have such a love of alfresco dining, whether it’s during summer around the BBQ or in the chillier months, gathered around our firepit.
We began stocking our reclaimed Kadai Firepit/Grills, since then we have tried and tested our fire pit almost every dry weekend we have been graced with. It’s ideal for creating a cosy, inviting atmosphere and makes for a lovely evening with friends. Upon learning that these fire-pits, originating from India, are actually used to cook and grill food we thought we ought to give it a go. That’s when we reached out to our friend Jemma Loi, the wonderful recipe creator, and asked if she could create some delicious recipes using one of our best selling fire pits. She did not disappoint.
The first recipe Jemma created is going to be hard to beat, she created a delicious Pumpkin Spiced Firepit Smores recipe. You can check out Jemma’s gorgeous instagram page here. To take a look at our Kadai Firepit/ Grill simply click here.
For the biscuits:
- 170g self-raising flour
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs
- 85g caster sugar
- 55g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 50 ml whole milk
- A bag of jumbo marshmallows
- A bar of chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with parchment.
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl then add the sugars. Beat the eggs separately, then add to the mixing bowl along with the maple syrup. Beat until smooth, then gradually fold in the flour, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Once everything is well combined, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Using either your hands or an ice cream scoop, roll the cookie dough into balls. Either 8 large (which are great for s’mores) or 16 small. Flatten them slightly with your hand before baking for 10-12 minutes.
- Once your biscuits are ready, gather round the firepit, thread your marshmallows onto skewers and toast until golden and gooey. Sandwich together between two Pumpkin Spice Cookies with a few squares of chocolate and you have yourself the most delicious Autumn treat!
Tip: If you want to skip the baking part you can use digestives, shop bought cookies of order Graham Crackers online!
We hope you love this recipe, please let us know in the comments if you try this recipe. We’d love to know your thoughts!