It’s a well known fact that a large proportion of us can conjure up all our saintly efforts and eat our fruits and veggies but then we let it all go when we crave that afternoon snack. Don’t let those processed and refined crisps and biscuits get the better of you, these spiced chickpeas make the perfect healthy snack, served in this Kilner 0.45L Facetted Clip Top Jar!
- 2 x 400g/ 15oz tin chickpeas 2 tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- Drain, rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl with the oil, cumin, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper and toss well until all evenly coated.
- Spray a rimmed (or the chickpeas may escape) baking tray with non-stick oil and spread the chickpeas in a single layer making sure not to over crowd them.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven, occasionally shaking the tray to unstick them, for 45 minutes or until nice and crunchy.
- Store the chickpeas in a Kilner 0.45L Facetted Clip Top Jar to keep them fresh and crunchy for up to 1 week.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Spiced Chickpeas on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.