With Valentines right around the corner what better way to let your significant other know you’re thinking of them than with a homemade treat. These blondies are moist, dense and have a hint of tangy lemon amidst the sweet strawberry flavour- delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 9 servings
- 1 cup 2 sticks or 228 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar 164 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 55 grams fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups 306 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 127 grams diced fresh strawberries
For the Glaze:
- 112 grams, unsifted weight powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp strawberry puree you’ll need about 2 large strawberries, instructions below
- lemon juice about 1 Tbsp, or just enough to thin the glaze to a spreadable consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper with long edges.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- When the egg is full incorporated, beat in the lemon juice. The lemon juice will probably not completely incorporate at this point, that’s ok.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to the wet ingredients, mixing until no more dry flour is present.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spread the mixture into your pan and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, just until starting to turn golden around the edges and the centre is set. A toothpick inserted in the centre will be moist but not wet. Don’t over-bake these, or they will dry out. Let cool on a rack.
- Trim the strawberries for the glaze and puree in a small food processor. Strain the puree through a small strainer to get 1 Tbsp of puree. Whisk together the sugar, puree, and lemon juice until no lumps remain. If your glaze is too thin, add a touch more sugar. If it’s too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled blondies. Let the glaze set before slicing.