You may or may not have heard of Cloud Eggs, at this point they have certainly done the rounds, gracing every ‘foodie’ Instagram page there is. If you have managed to get by without ever having seen, let alone eaten, a Cloud Egg then today is your lucky day.
We love Eggs, in fact, here at Silver Mushroom the Egg is practically worshiped. Being an HQ filled with avid bakers and breakfast lovers this is sort of a given, nonetheless a new way to consume the delicious little things has got us all absolutely eggstatic (sorry, it had to be done).
Move over poached, dippy, scrambled, fried, baked, the lot of you; the Cloud Egg is here. Add whatever extra’s you like to this recipe, the sky really is the limit!
In need of an Easter Treat? Us too, check out our Easter Sale here for a pick me up!
Cloud Eggs Breakfast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup black truffle cheddar cheese
- sourdough sliced and toasted
- Pre-heat oven 220°C (430°F). Line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Place egg whites in a medium bowl. Place egg yolks in individual smaller bowls.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until still peaks form. Then gently fold through the grated cheese.
- Place four even mounds of the egg white mixture on the lined baking tray. Bake for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes remove tray from oven and carefully place an egg yolk on top of each egg white mound. You may need to create a slight indent on top of the egg whites to stop the egg yolk sliding off.
- Place tray back in the oven for 3 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve clouds immediately with toasted sourdough and basil leaves.
Please Note: Egg yolks are gooey when backed for 3 minutes. If you want runny yolks bake for 2 minutes, and for more solid cooked through egg bake for 4 minutes.