And just like that, summer was over. We love the warmer months and all that they entail however we have that soft spot for autumn and winter. We’re guessing since you’re reading this blog that you do too. One of our favourite things about autumn and winter is the hearty food, packed with flavour that warms your belly. This recipe is the perfect Winter Breakfast dish, healthy, tasty, creamy, you name it, it’s got it.
Speaking of autumn, why not checkout our brand new Autumn Edit for all those cosy must-haves? Check it out here.
This recipe was created and shot by the talented Jemma Loi, you can check out her gorgeous instagram page here. Jemma made this scrumptious recipe in our Broste Nordic Sand Breakfast set, available here.
- 100g Steel Cut Oats
- 500ml Milk (any milk will work)
- 3 Small Apples
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 250g Fresh Winter Fruits (I used figs, damsons, greengage and blackberry)
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1tsp Mixed Spice
- Peel and dice your apples and place in a small pan with 100 ml water, 1tbsp sugar and the cinnamon. Leave to simmer until soft.
- For the fruit, remove any stones and halve the larger pieces. Place in a small pan with the juice of the orange, tbsp brown sugar, mixed spice and a couple of tbsp of water. If your fruit gets too dry during cooking add 1-2 more. You want to end up with a soft syrupy mix, so simmer over a medium heat until you achieve this consistency.
- In a larger pan pour in your oats, milk and the softened apples. Cook on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Divide between two bowls, spoon on your fruit and enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe, please let us know in the comments if you try this recipe. We’d love to know your thoughts!