Not only do we adore the brand Le Creuset, but we can’t get enough of their creative and hearty winter inspired recipes. This gorgeous warming Hasselback Potato Skillet Bake should be at the top of your list for dinners this season.
Make this recipe in any of our Le Creuset Frying Pans- shop here!
LE CREUSET CAST IRON
Do you always seem to end up with surplus potatoes or bacon as they come in large packs? This simple but delicious dish is an exciting way to use up the excess – and it’s potentially even more yummy than the meal you bought the ingredients for in the first place!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
8 potatoes (waxy varieties like Charlotte or Anya are best as they hold together well)
5 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
4 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons thyme
2 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons parsley
2 teaspoons smoked sea salt
Preheat the oven to 210°C/ Gas Mark 6
- Slice a thin layer off the length of a potato – this creates a base for hasselbacking them. Place the potato flat side down on a surface, then with a sharp knife slice three-quarters of the way through it, about ½ cm apart. Repeat with all the potatoes.
- Finely chop all the herbs then place in a bowl with the oil and spices. Brush the potatoes with the herb mix, sprinkle them with smoked sea salt and nestle them in the skillet pan.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 50 minutes then top with lardons and then bake again for additional 10 minutes.
- Eat this with steamed broccoli or a fresh green salad spritzed with lemon.
- Shop the cast iron frying pan used in this recipe here!