Don’t get us wrong, we love a 5 Tier Fault-Line Cake with Gold Leaf as much as the next person but sometimes you can’t go wrong with good old simple recipe. To add to the fact that you don’t have to spend all day creating your masterpiece, simple recipes have a multitude of other benefits such as being cheaper to make, less time consuming, and pretty much always to everybody’s taste.
This recipe is simply incredible, everything you would want from a classic brownie. Fudgy, chewy and totally moreish!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 225g butter, melted
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 285g all-purpose flour
- 400g granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 55g cup butter, softened
- 60ml milk
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 330g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer combine the melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don’t over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them.
- For the frosting, beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.