This weekend, we want to make up a refreshing cocktail to serve up in our Kilner drinks dispenser. This recipe can be made as strong as you want it, depending on how much vodka you add, or if you want to make a virgin mint lemonade or limeade for the kids, drivers and tee totallers, just leave out the vodka. Easy, refreshing, and versatile, this is a great summer cocktail recipe. This recipe serves 8-10 cocktails, but you could always make more and keep it in a Kilner 8 litre dispenser, as the airtight seal will keep it fresh in the fridge, so you have your fabulous cocktail to hand whenever a guest drops in.
First of all, you will need:
• 4 limes or lemons, quartered and any seeds removed
• Leaves from 1 medium sized bunch of mint
• 8 cups of cold water
• ½ – ¾ cup honey or sugar, more or less to taste
• 8 to 16 ounces vodka, about 1 to 2 cups, more or less to taste
• Ice cubes
• Lime or lemon slices to garnish
1. Place the quartered limes or lemons in the blender with 2 cups of water, sugar or honey, some ice, and half of the mint leaves.
2. Blend until the limes or lemons are crushed, the mixture should be slightly foamy with a whitish color.
3. Strain the lemonade and add the remaining 6 cups of water.
4. Stir in the vodka or allow guests to add the vodka according to their preference
5. Serve with ice and garnished with the remaining mint leaves and lime slices.
And for the finishing touch, serve up in a Kilner Glass Handled Jar!
This recipe was taken from www.laylita.com
Posted by Becky on April 25th, 2014. Comments on this entry are closed.