How to Make a Delicious Lemon and White Chocolate Cheesecake
Part of making a great dessert is in the presentation, and what better way to serve up a divine dessert than in a Kilner clip top jar? No messing about trying to cut up even portions, no devastation when your masterpiece crumbles before it is even on the plate, just a lovely way to serve dessert.
This hassle free No Bake Lemon and White Chocolate Cheesecake is a recipe we put together ourselves and if we may say so, it’s positively yummy. Making, storing and serving the cheesecakes in the 125ml Kilner jar only made the whole process easier and let’s face it, everyone loves dessert in a jar. Super quick, super easy and super tasty, this is a great recipe to throw together quickly, although it will look and taste like you’ve slaved over it for hours. Don’t worry, we won’t tell…..
First of all, if you don’t already own Kilner clip top jars, you can buy them here. You will need 8 of the 125ml round clip tops for this recipe.
For the base
15 Digestive Biscuits
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
For the filling
500g mascarpone cheese
100ml double cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 lemons juiced and zested
50g grated white chocolate
Extra grated white chocolate to decorate
1. Put the digestives in a clear sandwich bag and bash down with a rolling pin until the biscuits are a fine crumble. Add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and mix together.
2. Melt the butter and mix into the biscuit mix until it is moist and slightly sticky. It does not have to stick together in a lump at this point.
3. Spoon the cheesecake base mixture evenly between the Kilner jars and press down well. Put the jars in the fridge to chill.
4. Combine the mascarpone with the cream and sugar and whip well for a couple of minutes. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and whip well again for about 1 minute. Add the grated chocolate and whip again for a further minute. You may want to taste the cheesecake filling at this point to see if you want to add any more sugar or lemon.
5. Spoon the cheesecake filling mixture on top of the chilled bases up to the rim of the Kilner jars. Top the finished cheesecakes with grated white chocolate and close the clip top lid. Put in the fridge and chill for a couple hours and you’re done.