Carriage & Delivery
All orders are dispatched in the UK, normally within two business days of order, providing the item is in stock. Postage and handling costs are dependent on the service chosen, and the weight of the final order at checkout.
Our UK Standard Delivery takes between 2 and 5 working days. This excludes Sundays and Public Holidays.
- For items weighing under 1kg, a Standard delivery charge of £2.95 applies, and these smaller items will be dispatched via Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery.
Parcels weighing over 1kg will be sent via DPD. You will receive a confirmation email from Silver Mushroom and DPD when your parcel is dispatched, and you will receive an email and/or text message notification to let you know the time your parcel will be delivered.
- For parcels weighing between 1kg and 10kg, a Standard Delivery Charge of £4.95 applies.
- For parcels weighing over 10kg but under 15kg, a Standard Delivery Charge of £5.95 applies.
- For parcels weighing over 15kg, a Standard Delivery Charge of £6.95 applies.
- Orders over £50.00 will be delivered by Standard Delivery, free of charge.
- Silver Mushroom also offer a UK Next Day Delivery service, for a charge of £8.95. For Next Day Delivery, you must place your order before 2pm. Any orders placed after 2pm will be delivered within two working days, excluding weekends and Public Holidays. Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday.
- For UK Next Day Before 10am, all orders must similarly be placed before 2pm. Any orders placed after 2pm will be delivered within two working days, excluding weekends and Public Holidays. For this service, a Next Day 10.00am delivery charge of £15.95 applies.
- For UK Saturday Delivery, orders must be placed by 1pm the Friday before. For Saturday Delivery, a charge of £15.95 applies. Orders placed after 1pm on a Friday will be delivered the Saturday after the following Saturday (i.e. 8 days).
Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to keep to any delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and Silver Mushroom Ltd cannot be liable for any losses, costs, damages, or expenses incurred by the customer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date. The risk in the goods shall pass from Silver Mushroom Ltd to the customer upon delivery of such goods to the customer.
Some countries may charge import duties (tariffs) or apply other restrictions to imported goods. Please note that international carriage & delivery charges do not include import duties, taxes, or administration charges that may be due upon entry into the destination country. If the destination country imposes such charges, the customer is responsible for their payment. U.S. Department of Commerce Country Tariff Information may provide helpful information in this regard.
United States customers are also recommended to note the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (2007) (PDF file – see page 12, 7013.29.05) in which reference is made to a general rate of duty of 12.5% for ‘pressed and toughened (specially tempered) drinking glasses’ which could be assumed to apply to imported Duralex glassware made in France. However, orders shipped to the United States will normally pass duty-free if their value (not including the carriage charge) does not exceed $200 and the goods are for the customer’s personal use.
Please note that Silver Mushroom cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to the goods while in transit to the customer. The responsibility rests with the carrier. However, in the event of the goods not being received within 28 days of the date of dispatch, the customer should contact Silver Mushroom Ltd within a further 7 days, in writing or by using the contact form on the contact page, and the purchase price and original carriage cost will be refunded provided the goods were not affected by the customs restrictions outlined above.
If goods received have been damaged in transit, the customer should contact Silver Mushroom Ltd within 7 days of receipt, either by telephone, in writing, or by using the contact form on the contact page, describing the damage. The purchase price will be refunded to the customer on a pro-rata basis. For example if one glass in an order of six glasses arrives damaged or broken, one sixth of the purchase price will be refunded.
Goods will be sent only to the customer’s specified delivery address. If the customer specifies an incorrect address or postcode, or an inaccessible address, the carrier may be unable to deliver the goods and will return them to a holding depot for a limited period (normally 7 days). The carrier is not required to attempt to re-deliver, but the goods will available for collection by the customer while they remain at the holding depot.
Silver Mushroom Ltd cannot be responsible for any costs in connection with the recovery of goods that were not delivered due to the customer specifying an incorrect or inaccessible address. Additional delivery instructions can be given by the customer during purchase, via PayPal’s checkout process, and a contact telephone number may be helpful for orders by Express Delivery.
International customers please note that goods ordered for delivery by the Royal Mail to an address outside the UK may, at the discretion of Silver Mushroom Ltd, be shipped by Express Delivery (FedEx Air Express). To international destinations, both the Royal Mail and FedEx will require a signatory on arrival at the delivery address. Distance Selling Regulations
Orders on this website are covered by the United Kingdom Consumer Protection
(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
The Distance Selling Regulations allow a cooling off period of 7 days from receipt of goods covered under the legislation. Customers may return goods without reason within this period for a full refund of the purchase price (excluding original carriage). Goods returned must be complete, unused, and with the manufacturer’s packaging undamaged. The cost of returning and appropriately insuring the goods until satisfactory receipt will be borne by the customer. To cancel an order under the terms of the Direct Selling legislation the customer should contact Silver Mushroom Ltd in writing or by email within 7 days of receipt of the goods. The customer will be required to return the goods before a refund can be processed.