Following on the theme of Peanut Butter from yesterdays challenge, we figured we’d mix things up a little. Since, you need something to do with all that peanut butter you made right? This Peanut Butter Pie is layers of buttery graham cracker crust, peanut butter cream, healthy chocolate ganache, and homemade whipped cream. It is a chocolate peanut butter lover’s dream! Treat yourself.. this one is a little naughtier, but hey, everything in moderation right?
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 9 Whole Graham Cracker Sheets, crushed
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Peanut Butter Cream:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup Semi-sweet or Milk Chocolate
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar (if using semisweet chocolate, can decrease to ¼ cup)
- Chocolate Chips or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- In small bowl, combine crushed graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press with fork to combine. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In double boiler or microwave set to lower heat, melt chocolate and heavy cream until silky smooth. If using a microwave, lower the heat level and cook in 30 second increments, stirring often to avoid overheating.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cold heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Layer graham cracker crust, peanut butter cream, chocolate ganache, and whipped cream in clear Kilner jars. Can use 4 oz, 8 oz (half pint), or 16 oz wide mouth jars. The wide mouth is important so you can eat it easily. Top with chocolate and keep in refrigerator until serving.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Peanut Butter Pie’s on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.