Ah, autumn – the season of cosy sweaters, crisp leaves, and the irresistible aroma of freshly baked goods. If you’re on the hunt for a tasty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, well, your wait is over because we’ve got the perfect autumn delight that’ll have you falling head over heels. Chewy, slightly spiced, pumpkin cookies – it doesn’t get much better than that! 🍂🍪
Now, it’s time to roll up your sleeves, pour yourself a pumpkin spiced latte and prepare to whip up a batch of our beloved fall favourites. If you’re not quite ready to dive in headfirst, why not start by exploring our fine collection of bakeware?
- 113g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 50g light or dark brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 6tbsp pumpkin puree
- 188g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon store-bought or homemade pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the the melted butter, rich brown sugar, and fine granulated sugar until no brown sugar lumps remain. Then, stir in the vanilla extract and velvety pumpkin puree until the mixture in smooth. Set aside.
- Next, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Slowly introduce the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix with a sturdy spoon or a trusty rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for a minimum of 30 minutes, or extend for up to 3 days. Remember, cooling the dough is a vital step in perfecting this recipe.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Preheat your oven to a toasty 350°F (177°C). Then, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out portions of the dough, measuring about 1.5 tablespoons per cookie, and roll each into balls. Place these cookie dough balls onto the arranged baking sheet, ensuring they maintain a distance of 3 inches from one another. Using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a cup, gently flatten the tops of the dough balls.
- Slide your cookie creations into the preheated oven and bake them for approximately 11-12 minutes or until the edge appear set. Remove from the oven. If you find that your cookies didn’t spread much at all, flatten them out with the back of a spoon when you take them out of the oven.
- Allow your freshly baked cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack. The longer the cookies cool, the even better they taste! The flavour gets stronger and the texture becomes chewier.
- And don’t forget to keep them covered at room temperature. After all, you’ll want to be tucking into these all week long.
We hope you love these tasty pumpkin spiced cookies just as much as us! Be sure to let us know in the comments if you give this recipe a try.