One of our favourite things about baking is, of course, licking the spoon when you’re done but secondly eating the cake fresh out of the oven whilst it’s still warm. When we first heard about Hot Milk Cake we thought it sounded too good to be true, soft, fluffy and creamy all in one. This is the cake equivalent of a nice hot bubble bath, it’s good for your soul, take it from us. Can you tell we like cake?
Aside from it’s all round deliciousness, this cake is super simple to make. Serve with a homemade berry compote and fresh cream *chef’s kiss*.
🍰 4 eggs, room temp
🍰 400g caster sugar
🍰 1 tsp vanilla extract
🍰 270g Self-Raising Flour
🍰 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
🍰 1 tsp Salt
🍰 296ml Whole Milk
🍰 200g Butter, cut into cubes
🍰 Icing Sugar to sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C, grease and line a 9″ cake tin and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, beat the eggs for five minutes or until they are lemon yellow and very thick. Gradually add in the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add into the egg mixture, mixing on a low speed until just smooth.
4. In a saucepan, heat the milk and butter until the butter is juts melted. Gradually add the mixture to the batter, beating until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 mins. Once cooled slightly, sprinkle with icing sugar and slice!
Let us know if you make this cake in the comments!