This gloomy autumnal weather calls for one thing and one thing only, food, and lots of it. Our favourite meal of the day has always been breakfast, maybe it’s because as a family we are ‘morning people’ or maybe it’s because breakfast food is genuinely just fantastic. Either way, we love to experiment and get creative when it comes to breakfast, be it baking our own bread for poached eggs on toast or whipping up our classic ‘Baked Oats’ recipe. This vegan cinnamon rolls recipe is one of our more innovative breakfasts. Ideal for when you’re craving that delicious sweetness of cinnamon and the doughy delight that is a cinnamon roll.
This Vegan Cinnamon Rolls recipe is surprisingly easy to make, with just seven ingredients, it’s sure to feed a crowd! So, if you’re interested in whipping up a batch of vegan, fluffy, cinnamon filled delights then please give this recipe a whirl. We make our Vegan Cinnamon Rolls in our brand new SMEG Shallow Casserole Pan, take a look here.
🍯 42g Vegan Butter
🍯 1 packet of Instant Yeast
🍯 240ml Vegan Milk
🍯 12g Sugar
🍯 1/4 tsp Salt
🍯 408g All-Purpose Flour
🍯 42g Vegan Butter, melted
🍯 50g Sugar
🍯 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
(For the Dough)
1. Microwave the milk and butter until melted, leave to cool slightly. Transfer to a larger bowl and add the yeast, leave to activate for 10 minutes. Add the sugar and salt, stir to combine.
2. Gradually stir in the flour, combining after each addition. Once combined, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a few mins.
3. Lightly coat a large bowl with sunflower oil and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
(For the Filling)
4. On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon. Roll into a sausage and cut into 2″ sections. Place in the casserole dish.
5. Brush with Vegan butter and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place to rise again. In this time, preheat the oven to 170C.
6. Once hot, bake the rolls for 25-30 mins or until slightly golden, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
If you give this recipe a go, please let us know in the comments below!
Have a great day,