When we first invested in our Le Creuset Casserole Dish we believed it would be collecting dust in the back of a cupboard for six months of the year; only to show its face for those hearty winter casserole months. How wrong we were.
We soon realised the full potential of our Cast Iron Casserole Dish. It’s is now used for pastas, sourdough and even bakes! We love experimenting with different bakes and seeing just how many things we can actually make in our dish. This Cinnamon Roll recipe is potentially the easiest ever.. Just seven ingredients, this recipe creates a batch of Vegan, fluffy, gooey goodness!
🍯 42g Vegan Butter
🍯 1 packet of Instant Yeast
🍯 240ml Vegan Milk
🍯 12g Sugar
🍯 1/4 tsp Salt
🍯 408g All-Purpose Flour
🍯 42g Vegan Butter, melted
🍯 50g Sugar
🍯 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
(For the Dough)
1. Microwave the milk and butter until melted, leave to cool slightly. Transfer to a larger bowl and add the yeast, leave to activate for 10 minutes. Add the sugar and salt, stir to combine.
2. Gradually stir in the flour, combining after each addition. Once combined, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a few mins.
3. Lightly coat a large bowl with sunflower oil and place the dough ball inside. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
(For the Filling)
4. On a floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon. Roll into a sausage and cut into 2″ sections. Place in the casserole dish.
5. Brush with Vegan butter and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place to rise again. In this time, preheat the oven to 170C.
7. Once hot, bake the rolls for 25-30 mins or until slightly golden, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!