These Chocolate Snowy Pinecones are our new favourite Christmas baking recipe this year, partially because they are beyond easy- you don’t even need to put them in the oven and partially because they won’t pile on the pounds, which is always a bonus at Christmas. This is a great treat for little ones to make, be prepared for some sticky fingers though!
You might (definitely) need these bits & bobs to make the Cookie Cups:
- Mason Cash Batter bowl (view here)
- Mason Cash 2 in 1 Roller Shaker (view here)
- Master Class Smart Space Baking Equipment Set (view here)
- Typhoon Living Scales Cream (view here)
- Colour Works Antique Cream Silicone Spoon (view here)
- Le Creuset Stoneware Grand Mug – Cerise (view here) (for that well needed brew!)
- 3 cups Chex Chocolate cereal or comparable (I used Chocolate Fiber One cereal)
- 6 pretzel sticks (I used the thicker dipping sticks)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, butter, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Take a pretzel stick and mold some of the peanut butter mixture around it, forming a slight cone shape.
- Holding it steady by using the tip of the pretzel as a handle, start inserting pieces of cereal into the peanut butter mixture in a symmetrical pattern around the stick. Add more cereal pieces, staggering them as you move upward, until you get near the top. Cut several cereal pieces into triangles and add those to the top (most pinecone scales get smaller toward the end.)
- If your pinecone is getting too tall (like mine were), cut off the top of the pretzel and add a dollop of peanut butter mixture to cover it. Insert a few more triangle pieces of cereal into the top of the pinecone.
- For a “snowy” effect, dust the pinecone with powdered sugar.
Voila, there you have it! Your very own batch of snowy Pinecones, a great dish to serve to kiddies, at a Christmas party or to simply keep in your fridge in case of a snacking emergency! If you make these beauties be sure to tag us on our social media channels, we’d love to see how you get on!