We have always been partial to any recipe containing mushrooms, can you guess why?.. However we are a little more than partial for this recipe. Created by the wonderfully talented Katie from The Humble Pescatarian blog, this recipe is not only delicious and super quick but it’s also comforting and homely.
The idea behind our collaboration with Katie was to bring you a series of quick and easy recipes that evoke that warm and homely feeling, the types of recipes that warm your heart. This Porcini Mushroom Risotto does not disappoint!
- 250g Porcini Risotto from Organico (you can use any risotto though)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 700ml water (plus more as you go to gain the consistency you like)
- 80ml vermouth (or white wine)
- 3 tbsp vegetarian parmesan (plus more to serve)
- 1 tbsp vecon vegetable stock
- 1.5 tsp porcini powder
- 100g chopped baby button mushrooms
- Chopped Parsley
- Melt 2 tbsp butter over a medium heat with the vermouth and then add in your risotto. Stir to coat and cook for just under 1 minute before adding in your water.
- Stir regularly on a medium heat for 10 minutes. You may need to add in more water as you go.
- After 10 minutes add in the remaining butter, porcini powder, mushrooms, vecon vegetable stock and your parmesan and stir through.
- You are looking for a creamy texture with a small amount of firmness from the rice.
- Towards the end, add in your parsley and a dash of pepper and serve.
Met us know if you try this recipe and your thoughts in the comments below!