If you joined us last week for our picnic blog you have likely guessed that we are just a little excited for summer this year. We mean, who isn’t? After two years cooped up it’s about time that we all had a little freedom to enjoy the things we used to take for granted. Whilst we’re all over the moon to travel and make up for the two summers worth of lost beach holidays we’re unfortunately facing some of the highest household bills that we have seen for a long time. Worry not, we have a darn good solution for you.
You may be lucky enough to still be able to go on your dream holiday but if not pack your bags and get ready to explore some of the beautiful spots the UK has to offer. We’re talking about a good old fashioned camping trip. We know, nothing quite beats the white sands and crystal clear waters of the Bahamas but we think with the right preparation you can have *almost* as much fun on a camping trip. By preparation we of course mean snacks; and what better snack than cheesy pull apart garlic bites?
This recipe is ideal for feeding a crowd of hungry campers. It’s warm, cheesy and utterly moorish. We love our SMEG cookware range for this recipe, not only is it beautiful but it’s also light weight , perfect for cooking cheesy garlic bites on the go, you can view the SMEG Cookware collection here.
- 8-12 White Dinner Rolls, fresh or frozen
- 113g Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 226g Grated Cheese Blend
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (or light your fire if you’re camping).
- Cut or tear your bread rolls into bite sized fourths.
- Grease your SMEG shallow casserole dish and pop in the cut up rolls.
- Melt the butter and add in the garlic salt and Italian seasoning, pour the mixture over the bread rolls, add 3/4 of the cheese mixture and gently mix everything together until evenly coated.
- Cover your casserole dish and cook for 25-30 minutes, check on your rolls every 10 minutes or so to prevent burning. Around 5 minutes before the rolls are ready top them off with the remaining cheese and put back in the oven to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted and the edges are golden and crispy your rolls are ready to be enjoyed!
We hope you enjoyed this deliciously cheesy garlic bites and that you feel inspired to get outdoors and go camping! Let us know in the comments if you try this one.
R & E x