Kilner Soup jars are quick, easy and the perfect answer to those who want fast food but like keeping it healthy. Taking healthy lunches to work couldn’t be any simpler and tastier with this recipe. Prepare the night before, seal, chill and grab on your way out. All that’s left to do is add a little hot water to bring your jar back to life.
Makes enough to fill 2 x 0.35 Litre Kilner Clip Top Jars
- 1 sheet dried egg noodles, cooked 1 litre boiling water
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2” ginger, minced
- 50g broccoli, cut into florets
- 50g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 15ml tamari (you can use soy sauce) 1 cup coconut milk
- 40g mushrooms
- 30g miso paste
- 1tsp chilli paste
- Share the cooked noodles between the two 0.35 Litre Kilner Clip Top Jars.
- Add carrots, spring onion, ginger, broccoli and red cabbage to a saucepan of boiling water, blanche until just fork tender.
- Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, tamari (or soy sauce), coconut milk, miso paste and chilli paste. Stir well.
- Share vegetables between the jars and top with fresh bean sprouts and mushrooms.
- Leave the stock from the pan to cool and then add to the jars, filling only half way up.
- Seal your jars and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Add hot water to your jars to bring your spicy, fragrant soup back to life.
Be sure to share your pictures of your Coconut Miso Soup on our facebook page #Silvermushroom30-dayChallenge!
Click here to go back to the competition.