Over the years we have written many-a-blog about coffee, as of recent, predominantly iced-coffee recipes. Why? Because from February to October Iced-Coffee is simply superior, fact. There is just something about Iced Coffee Cubes. The portions are way larger, it tastes unbelievable and it makes that cute ‘clinky’ noise when the ice cubes move around- don’t tell us you don’t love it too.
If like us you are somewhat of a coffee snob and only drink freshly ground coffee rather than the instant stuff then you’re going to love this recipe. You can still use your trusty SMEG Espresso Machine to make the iced coffee cubes from your freshly ground espresso, you just have to make them a little ahead of time so that they have time to freeze into the delicious little blocks of goodness that are coffee cubes.
We’ve spent quite some time perfecting this recipe, so we strongly advise that you stop what you’re doing, pop the espresso maker on and get your coffee cubes into the freezer so that you’re ready when the coffee craving hits tomorrow morning. Upon waking tomorrow all you have to do is simply pop your coffee cubes into your milk of choice and voila- the perfect, instagram worthy, iced-coffee.
What You’ll Need:
- SMEG Espresso Machine – or use your favourite instant coffee, we prefer the authentic Italian taste but it’s up to you *not judging*…
- A Large Ice Mould – we recommend a silicone mould, so you can pop out the cubes easily
- Your favourite Glass – we used our beautiful new Zera glasses for this one, their shape works perfectly!
- 300ml Milk Of Choice
- Make Your Espresso, leave to cool and then pour into your ice mould
- Pop the coffee cubes in the freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight
- Pour your milk of choice into a glass, warm for 15 seconds in the microwave to take off the chill, add in your ice cubes and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments if you give this recipe a go!