The sunshine is here and we’re hoping it’s here to stay. It’s times like this that we swap our trusty oat milk latte for it’s iced alternative. The beauty of an iced coffee is that you can still get your caffeine hit each morning without breaking into a sweat, what’s not to love?
We are huge coffee fans, hot or cold, it’s an integral part of our morning routine. We stumble downstairs, pop on our favourite SMEG Espresso Machine, filling our kitchen with the delicious aroma of freshly brewed coffee beans, and enjoy the first coffee of the day. The first of many that is. We even use the SMEG Espresso Machine for our iced coffees, we do have a clever little trick to save you some time on those gloriously sunny mornings when all you are craving is an iced coffee.
This clever trick is making espresso ice-cubes! Simply follow this recipe to create the perfect frozen espresso and leave it to chill over night, pop in your milk of choice and voila- the perfect, instagram worthy, iced-coffee.
What You’ll Need:
- SMEG Espresso Machine -or use your favourite instant coffee, we prefer the authentic Italian taste but it’s up to you!
- A Large Ice Mould – We love our round silicone ice mould as the cubes stay cold for so much longer, and they look stunning!
- Your favourite Glass
- 300ml Milk Of Choice
- Make Your Espresso, leave to cool and then pour into your ice mould
- Pop the coffee cubes in the freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight
- Pour your milk of choice into a glass warm for 15 seconds in the microwave, add in your ice cubes and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments if you give this recipe a go!